Many organizations struggle with the proliferation of spreadsheets and desktop database applications, such as MS Access.
Even having a main computer system driving the business, between that and a blank piece of paper spreadsheet systems tend to be very popular as End Users cannot wait for their IT Departments to wade through the back log of new requirements.
Spreadsheets are very easy to create and available on every desktop. A sales Manager could easily create a spreadsheet list of Sales leads and email them to his team. However when one or more team member amends that list suddenly he finds the spreadsheet becomes quickly out of sync and is not a single source of truth.
These spreadsheets may be mission critical but issues quickly arise with :
- Proliferation of spreadsheets independent of their IT departments.
- safe guards in respect to security.
- backup and recovery procedures.
- Duplication of information.
- linking independent spreadsheets with related information.
- Overall decreasing of Productivity.
User Acceptance Test
- no error checking with manual data entry.
- only basic search facilities.
- large number of User Access inside and outside of the organisation.
- lack of a User friendly Interface.
- scalability once the business grows.
At Bespoke Database Solutions Ltd all these issues can be resolved fast with a tailor made or generic web solutions